Dominic A. Tomaio Esq.
866-959-9455 (Toll Free)
Mr. Tomaio is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney. He was awarded a Juris Doctorate in 1996 from Seton Hall University School of Law.
Mr. Tomaio has also been included on the Thomson Reuters “Super Lawers List for 2013, 2011, 2010, and 2009, as seen in New Jersey Monthly Magazine. He has also been approved as A Court Mediator pursuant to Court Rule 1:40-12.
Mr. Tomaio has also been involved in a high profile divorce as see on “NBC, Dateline”, which you can view above. Mr. Tomaio represented Mr. Duncsack, who was murdered by his father in law.
He is also a member of the Executive Family Law Committee for the Morris County Bar Association and New Jersey State Bar Association. He has Also lectured for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
He is the author of Capter 14, Issues Surrounding Unmarried Cohabitants and Domestice Partner in Skoloff & Cutler, New Jersey Family Law Practice, N.J.I.C.L.E, 13th Ed.,2006.
Mr. Tomaio is admitted to practice law in New Jersey and the New Jersey District Court.
Mr. Tomaio has served as a panelist for the Morris County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel Mediation Program and has Been appointed as an expert, specifically as a Guardian Ad Lietem, to protect the interests of minors during matrimonial Litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Parenting Time
- Domestic Violence
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Alimony and Child Support Modification
- Parental Aleination
- New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1997
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1996
- Montclair State University
- B.A. - 1993
- Issues Surrounding Unmarried Cohabitants & Domestic Partners, Skoloff & Cutler New Jersey Family Law Practice (Chapter Author), N.J.I.C.L.E., 12th Ed., 2006
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Fifth Annual Family Law Summer Institute
Honors and Awards
- Dominic's 2011 SL Nomination, 2011 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1999 - Present
- Morris County Bar Association, Member, Family Law Executive Committee, 1999 - Present
- Essex County Bar Association, Member, Family Law Executive Committee, 1996 - Present
- American Bar Association, 1997 - Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 1997 - Present
- Family Law Inns of Court, 1996 - 2000
- District X Ethics Committee, Morris/Susex County Vicinage, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Nagel, Rice & Dreifuss, Livingston, New Jersey, Associate Attorney, 1997
- Hon. Joseph S. Conte, J.S.C., Passaic County Superior Court, Family Part, Paterson, New Jersey, Law Clerk, 1996 - 1997
- Hon. Joseph S. Conte, J.S.C., Bergen County Superior Court, Criminal Part, Hackensack, New Jersey, Law Clerk, 1997
- Skoloff & Wolfe, Livingston, New Jersey, Law Clerk, 1995 - 1996
- Office of the Public Defender, Hudson County, New Jersey, Legal Intern, 1994
- Juvenile Justice Clinic, Newark, New Jersey, Legal Intern, 1994
- Hon. Novalyn L. Winfield, United States Bankruptcy Court, Judicial Intern, 1994