E-mail MeDominic A. Tomaio Esq.
866-959-9455 (Toll Free)
Mr. Tomaio is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney. He was awarded a Juris Doctorate in 1996 from Seton Hall University School of Law.
Mr. Tomaio has also been included on the Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers List* for 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, and 2009, as seen in New Jersey Monthly Magazine. He is an Approved Family Mediator pursuant to court rule R.1:40-12.
Mr. Tomaio has also been involved in a high profile divorce as seen on “NBC, Dateline”, which you can view above. Mr. Tomaio represented Mr. Duncsak, who was murdered by his father-in-law.
He is also a member of the Executive Family Law Committee for the Morris County Bar Association and New Jersey State Bar Association. He has also lectured for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
He is the author of Chapter 14, "Issues Surrounding Unmarried Cohabitants and Domestic Partners" in Skoloff & Cutler, New Jersey Family Law Practice, N.J.I.C.L.E, 13th Ed., 2006.
Mr. Tomaio is admitted to practice law in New Jersey and the New Jersey District Court.
Mr. Tomaio has served as a panelist for the Morris County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel Mediation Program and has been appointed as an expert, specifically as a Guardian Ad Litem, to protect the interests of minors during matrimonial litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Parenting Time
- Domestic Violence
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Alimony and Child Support Modification
- Parental Alienation
- New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1997
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1996
- Montclair State University
- B.A. - 1993
- Chapter 14, "Issues Surrounding Unmarried Cohabitants and Domestic Partners" in Skoloff & Cutler New Jersey Family Law Practice, N.J.I.C.L.E., 13th Ed., 2006
- “Valente v. Valente” Unpublished opinion. Represented Mr. Valente at the trial level, seeking Limited Duration Alimony on an 11 year 9 month marriage. The judge ordered permanent alimony. Mr. Valente appealed and the App. Div. said it should be Limited Duration Alimony on 11 year, 9 month marriage because the marriage was of intermediate length.
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Fifth Annual Family Law Summer Institute
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1999 - Present
- Morris County Bar Association, Member, Family Law Executive Committee, 1999 - Present
- Essex County Bar Association, Member, Family Law Executive Committee, 1996 - Present
- American Bar Association, 1997 - Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 1997 - Present
- Family Law Inns of Court, 1996 - 2000
- District X Ethics Committee, Morris/Sussex County Vicinage, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Nagel, Rice & Dreifuss, Livingston, New Jersey, Associate Attorney, 1997
- Hon. Joseph S. Conte, J.S.C., Passaic County Superior Court, Family Part, Paterson, New Jersey, Law Clerk, 1996 - 1997
- Hon. Joseph S. Conte, J.S.C., Bergen County Superior Court, Criminal Part, Hackensack, New Jersey, Law Clerk, 1997
- Skoloff & Wolfe, Livingston, New Jersey, Law Clerk, 1995 - 1996
- Office of the Public Defender, Hudson County, New Jersey, Legal Intern, 1994
- Juvenile Justice Clinic, Newark, New Jersey, Legal Intern, 1994
- Hon. Novalyn L. Winfield, United States Bankruptcy Court, Judicial Intern, 1994