Paul H. Townsend Esq.
866-959-9455 (Toll Free)
Mr. Townsend was awarded a Juris Doctor in 1984 from Ohio Northern University, and has been designated by the New Jersey Supreme Court as being a Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney.
He is admitted to the New Jersey Bar and the New Jersey District Court Bar. He is a member of the Executive Family Law Committee of the Somerset County Bar Association, and is a member of the Morris and Union County Bar Associations.
Mr. Townsend has taught at Seton Hall University and has lectured extensively for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education and other organizations.
He is published by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Mr. Townsend has served as a panelist for the Morris, Somerset and Union Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel Mediation Program.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Litigation & Appeals
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Matrimonial Attorney, 2002
- New Jersey, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1984
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award Law & Computers
- Albright College
- B.A. - 1980
- Major: Political Science
- Lecturer, Divorce & Business, Seton Hall University, 1997 - 1998
- Lecturer, Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Family Law Institute, 2000 - 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Essex County Bar Association, 1992 - Present
- Somerset County Bar Association, Member, Executive Family Law Committee, 1992 - Present
- Union County Bar Association, Member, 1996 - Present
- Morris County Bar Association, Member, 2000 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Hartlaub, Dotten, Terry & Townsend, P.C., Summit, New Jersey, Partner, 1996 - 2000
- Hannoch Weisman, P.C., Roseland, New Jersey, Senior Associate Attorney, 1992 - 1996
- Thatcher & Lanza, Attorneys, Flemington, New Jersey, Associate Attorney, 1990 - 1992
- James P. Yudes, Attorneys, Springfield, New Jersey, Associate Attorney, 1989 - 1990
- Frank J. Stanley, Esq., Somerville, New Jersey, Associate Attorney and Law Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist, Morris, Somerset and Essex Counties
- Attorney for Summit Junior League, 2000