65 Madison Ave · Suite 420 · Morristown, NJ · 07960

¡Attention TAC People!

Press 'p' on your keyboard to make this palette go away.

Max width: 1200px
Color Hex R G B
Blue from Logo#003d65 0 61 101
Darker Blue#021020 2 16 32
Red from Logo#780500 120 5 0
Darker Red#400000 64 0 0
Gray from Modern Firm Site#f3f2ed 243 242 237
Bright, Light Blue#ccebff 204 235 255
Form Input Background Blue#accfe6 172 207 230
Slightly Darker Blue#002e4d 0 46 77
Slightly Darker Gray#e6e5e0 0 46 77
Darker Gray#cccbc7 0 46 77
Lighter Logo Blue#005c99 204 235 255
Login Link Blue#598fb3 89 143 179
Slighty Lighter Red#99150f 153 21 15
Slighty Darker Gray#b3b2ae 179 178 174
Hunter Green#013b23 1 59 35
Lighter Green #025935 ? ? ?
Beige Charcoal #1f1e1e ? ? ?
"Metallic Gold" #D4AF37 ? ? ?
"Darker Green" #012e1b ? ? ?

Has Your Former Spouse Failed To Comply With A Property Settlement Agreement Or Court Order

Does your former spouse owe you back child support or back alimony? Has your former spouse failed to comply with your property settlement agreement or a court order in some respect? For example, has your former spouse failed to pay you certain sums of money owed to you or failed to secure a policy of life insurance to secure a support obligation? If so, one remedy at your disposal is to file a motion to enforce the applicable provision(s) of the property settlement agreement or court order. Because a property settlement agreement is incorporated into the judgment of divorce, it is entitled to enforcement. Moreover, there is a strong public policy favoring the stability of consensual arrangements for support in matrimonial matters.

Under Rule 1:10-3, a litigant in any action may seek relief by way of an application for enforcement, which is a coercive response that advances the private interest of litigants in the enforcement of court orders. It is the public policy of New Jersey courts to enforce their orders and judgments. See Borzillo v. Borzillo, 259 N.J. Super. 286 (Ch. Div. 1992). A motion for enforcement supports and enforces a party’s right to have the other party comply with a judgment or court order, and is also a way for trial courts to control the disposition of their dockets. “A judgment is a solemn record and parties have a right to rely on it.” Rolnick v. Rolnick, 290 N.J. Super. 35, 46 (App. Div. 1996).

Begin Your Conversation

  • Disclaimer: Contacting our firm via the internet does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information through this form.

Contact Our Morris County Office



Morristown / Morris County Law Office

65 Madison Ave

Suite 420

Morristown, NJ 07960

Morris County Mediation Office Map