65 Madison Ave · Suite 420 · Morristown, NJ · 07960

¡Attention TAC People!

Press 'p' on your keyboard to make this palette go away.

Max width: 1200px
Color Hex R G B
Blue from Logo#003d65 0 61 101
Darker Blue#021020 2 16 32
Red from Logo#780500 120 5 0
Darker Red#400000 64 0 0
Gray from Modern Firm Site#f3f2ed 243 242 237
Bright, Light Blue#ccebff 204 235 255
Form Input Background Blue#accfe6 172 207 230
Slightly Darker Blue#002e4d 0 46 77
Slightly Darker Gray#e6e5e0 0 46 77
Darker Gray#cccbc7 0 46 77
Lighter Logo Blue#005c99 204 235 255
Login Link Blue#598fb3 89 143 179
Slighty Lighter Red#99150f 153 21 15
Slighty Darker Gray#b3b2ae 179 178 174
Hunter Green#013b23 1 59 35
Lighter Green #025935 ? ? ?
Beige Charcoal #1f1e1e ? ? ?
"Metallic Gold" #D4AF37 ? ? ?
"Darker Green" #012e1b ? ? ?

Man Fighting To Get Child Returned From Brazil

Morris County NJ Child Custody AttorneysPeople in New Jersey may have heard about the heartbreaking international child custody case in which a Texas father is fighting for the return of his son from Brazil. Reportedly, the man’s ex took the child two years ago to Brazil and never came back.

According to reports, the father saw his son daily when the child lived in Texas. In 2013, the mother took the child to Brazil, ostensibly to attend a wedding. Authorities report that she altered or forged some documents in order to take the child there. After arriving in Brazil, the woman filed for full custody and applied for a job. She told the man she was never coming back to the U.S.

The child is now 3 years old, and the father, who was given only very limited custody rights, says the child has a difficult time understanding English, causing communication problems. Courts in both Texas and Brazil have agreed that the mother took the child to Brazil illegally. The Brazilian courts, however, ruled that the child should still stay there because he is adjusted to living in that country. The man is hoping that President Obama will intervene. He has applied for relief under the Hague Convention.

The Hague Convention is in place to help return children to their home countries when they have been abducted internationally. It is important for parents to seek their child custody rights so they have them on paper. This can help to protect them if the other parent attempts to abduct the child and take them to a different country. People who need help with child custody matters may want to consult with a family law attorney. An attorney may help them secure child custody and visitation rights.

Source: CBS News, “Dad battles for custody of son, says ex-wife illegally abducted him,” Nov. 17, 2015.

Begin Your Conversation

  • Disclaimer: Contacting our firm via the internet does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information through this form.

Contact Our Morris County Office



Morristown / Morris County Law Office

65 Madison Ave

Suite 420

Morristown, NJ 07960

Morris County Mediation Office Map