New Jersey Family Law Attorneys for Same-Sex Partners
Representing Same-Sex Partners in New Jersey Divorce and Family Law Matters
The partners and associates at Townsend, Tomaio & Newmark, L.L.C., have years of experience meeting the legal needs of same-sex partners in Morristown, Montville, Mountain Lakes, Parsippany, and other New Jersey communities. Some of the issues we handle include:
- Dissolution of civil unions
- Dissolution of domestic partnerships
- Distribution of assets relative to the dissolution of a civil union, domestic partnership or other family-like relationship, and the laws affecting distribution
- The pursuit of “palimony” and financial support
- Custody and parenting time issues
- Agreements concerning the potential dissolution of a legally recognized civil union, domestic partnership or other family-like arrangement
Protecting Your Interests in New Jersey Same-Sex Family Law Issues
Same-sex couples may face individual and institutional bias when both forming a civil union and when dissolving one. Fortunately, New Jersey law offers broad protections.
All the attorneys of our firm are well-versed in the areas of family law affecting same-sex couples, which are rapidly changing, and regularly attend seminars sponsored by the New Jersey Bar Association and the bar association’s LGBT section. No matter what type of legal issue you are facing, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions.
In addition to handling same-sex divorce, our attorneys draft property agreements for clients who are entering or already in a civil union or domestic partnership.
Contact Our Same-Sex Couples Divorce Lawyers in Morris County NJ Today
There is only so much information we can communicate about same-sex couples divorce on a Web page. The only way to receive legal advice is to discuss your case with a New Jersey family law attorney at our firm. Everyone’s situation is unique, and the answer that is right for someone else might not be right for you. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 973-840-8970 or toll free at 973-840-8970.