Angela V. Tafro, Esq.
New Jersey Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Whippany, New Jersey
Hackensack, New Jersey
Angela V. Tafro is a member of the Townsend Tomaio & Newmark law firm. She concentrates her practice in Divorce and Family law. Ms. Tafro is admitted to practice law in New Jersey and Maryland. She previously served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Irma S. Raker, Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Rockville, Maryland. She received an undergraduate degree from Pennsylvania State University and attended the University of New Hampshire School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctorate degree.
Ms. Tafro is an experienced attorney in New Jersey and devotes her practice exclusively to family law and related matters, including Divorce, Custody Disputes, Child Support, Spousal Support & Post Judgment Litigation.
Ms. Tafro is a member of New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law section and a member of the Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section since 1994. She also serves as a volunteer for the Morris County Early Settlement Panel Program for the Family Court. She was awarded Top Lawyers in New Jersey in Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence, 2015. She previously served as an Attorney Team Leader with the Battered Women Legal Advocacy Program.
Ms. Tafro was also recognized in the 2019 “Best Lawyers for Families” in the New Jersey Family April 2019 Edition.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Custody Disputes
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Premarital Agreements
- Post Judgment Litigation
- New Jersey, 1994
- Maryland, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1994
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, Concord, New Hampshire
- J.D. – 1994
- Pennsylvania State University
- B.S. Bachelor of Science – 1991
- Major: Sociology
Honors & Awards
- 2019 “Best Lawyers for Families” in the New Jersey Family April 2019 Edition
- Top Lawyers in New Jersey in Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence, 2015
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, 1994 – present
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1994 – present
Past Employment Positions
- Smith & Doran, LLC., 2012 – 2019
- Cutler Simeone Townsend, 2001 – 2002
- Smith & Doran, P.C., 1998 – 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Morris County Early Settlement Program- Volunteer Panelist, 2012 – present
- Battered Women Legal Advocacy Program- Attorney Team Leader; Habitat for humanity-Member, 2012 – present
- Best Day Foundation – Volunteer 2018 & 2019