Gregory A. Pasler, Esq.
Whippany, New Jersey
Hackensack, New Jersey
973-840-8970 (Toll Free)
Gregory A. Pasler is a partner with Townsend, Tomaio & Newmark, L.L.C. He is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law attorney based on his specific experience, the recommendations of other lawyers and judges, and the successful completion of a full-day written examination Mr. Pasler has also been featured on Yahoo! Finance, the New Jersey Law Journal as well as Law360.com due to his successful matrimonial Appellate work.
He received his Juris Doctorate from Seton Hall University School of Law, where he was the recipient of the prestigious Distinguished Law and Faculty Law Scholarships, which are awarded to exceptional incoming students. While attending law school, Mr. Pasler was named a Distinguished Public Interest Scholar and was awarded a Public Interest Law Fellowship. He was also chosen to be a member of the Seton Hall Center for Social Justice where he provided legal aid services in the area of family law to local Newark, New Jersey residents. After Mr. Pasler’s graduation from law school, he served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Robert J. Mega J.S.C., Judge of the Superior Court in Union County. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Pasler received his undergraduate degree, a Bachelor of Science, in Management, cum laude, with a minor in Business Law and Ethics from Fairfield University.
Admitted to the New Jersey, New York, and New Jersey District Court Bars, Mr. Pasler’s legal experience has primarily concentrated on the practice of matrimonial and family law. He has experience in all facets of family law litigation and settlement negotiations including contested issues of custody, parenting time, child support, alimony, equitable distribution of assets, and domestic violence. As a family law attorney, Mr. Pasler has successfully represented clients at both the trial and appellate levels in a variety of proceedings.
Mr. Pasler has a history of providing volunteer legal services for the Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project, representing victims of domestic violence in Court while also assisting with matters involving parenting time, custody, and child support. He also volunteers at the County College of Morris, Women’s Center, where he lectures on family law topics, provides legal advice and is a contributor to the monthly newsletter.
Mr. Pasler is a Qualified Family Law Mediator. He has also been selected and approved by the court to be an Early Settlement Panelist in Somerset and Hunterdon counties. Furthermore, he has completed the prestigious American Bar Association, Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute in Houston, Texas as part of his Family Law training.
Mr. Pasler is also trained in the alternative dispute resolution method of collaborative divorce, which better enables (him/her) to avoid litigation through this non-adversarial settlement process.
Mr. Pasler is a member of the New Jersey Bar Association, Family Law Division, American Bar Association, the Somerset County Bar Association and the New Jersey Collaborative Law Group.
He has also received the honor of being included in the Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list* published by Thomson Reuters relative to being a divorce attorney in 2017, 2018, and 2019. The qualifications or requirements for being included can be viewed at www.superlawyers.com. Mr. Pasler has also been named by the American Institute of Legal Counsel as a Top 10 Under 40 attorney for Family Law in New Jersey. He has also been designated as a “Client Champion” by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Pasler has been featured on Yahoo! Finance, the New Jersey Law Journal as well as Law360.com due to his successful Appellate work.
Gregory Pasler was also recently certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Parenting Time
- Domestic Violence
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Alimony and Child Support Modification
- Grandparent Issues
- Domestic Partnership and Civil Unions
- New Jersey 2009
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey 2009
- New York 2011
- Undergraduate: Fairfield University –Fairfield, Connecticut
- B.S. cum laude – 2006
- Dean’s Scholarship
- Joshua M. Greenberg Award for Excellence in Business Law and Ethics
- Alpha Sigma Nu-Jesuit Honor Society
- Beta Gamma Sigma-Business Honor Society
- Law School: Seton Hall University School of Law – Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. – 2009
- Distinguished Public Interest Scholar
- Distinguished Law Scholarship
- Faculty Law Scholarship
- Public Interest Law Fellowship
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Somerset County Bar Association
- The New Jersey Collaborative Law Group
Awards and Achievements:
- NJ Supreme Court Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney
- 10 Best for Client Satisfaction in Family Law – American Institute of Legal Counsel
- Top 10 Under 40 Family Law Attorney – American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- New Jersey Super Lawer’s – Rising Star 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion – 2020
Past Employment Positions
- Weinberger Divorce & Family Law Group (Associate) 2014-2017
- Garibian PC (Associate) 2011-2014
- Honorable Robert J. Mega, J.S.C. (2009-2010) Union County Superior Court, Elizabeth, New Jersey, Law Clerk 2009-2010.
Appellate Division Decisions
Phaninder Pathri v. Srivani Kakarlamath (2020) – Mr. Pasler successfully briefed and argued this matter which led to the establishment of the standard for live video testimony in civil matters.
- Shetty v. Shetty (2020)
- Keller v. Keller (2017)
- H.S. v. D.S. (2017)
- Saia v. Roberge (2015)
- Mynes v. Mynes (2015)
- Wei v. Wei (2014)