65 Madison Ave · Suite 420 · Morristown, NJ · 07960

¡Attention TAC People!

Press 'p' on your keyboard to make this palette go away.

Max width: 1200px
Color Hex R G B
Blue from Logo#003d65 0 61 101
Darker Blue#021020 2 16 32
Red from Logo#780500 120 5 0
Darker Red#400000 64 0 0
Gray from Modern Firm Site#f3f2ed 243 242 237
Bright, Light Blue#ccebff 204 235 255
Form Input Background Blue#accfe6 172 207 230
Slightly Darker Blue#002e4d 0 46 77
Slightly Darker Gray#e6e5e0 0 46 77
Darker Gray#cccbc7 0 46 77
Lighter Logo Blue#005c99 204 235 255
Login Link Blue#598fb3 89 143 179
Slighty Lighter Red#99150f 153 21 15
Slighty Darker Gray#b3b2ae 179 178 174
Hunter Green#013b23 1 59 35
Lighter Green #025935 ? ? ?
Beige Charcoal #1f1e1e ? ? ?
"Metallic Gold" #D4AF37 ? ? ?
"Darker Green" #012e1b ? ? ?

The Judge Entered An Order Now What

Oftentimes, clients want to know their options when they receive an order from a judge with which they disagree. One of the options available is to file a Motion for Reconsideration pursuant to R. 4:49-2. Pursuant to this Rule, a party may request reconsideration of a prior order if he or she is able to demonstrate that there are matters which were overlooked by the Court or as to which the Court has erred.

Courts have made very clear that this option is not meant to be exercised when a litigant disagrees with a decision or is dissatisfied with the outcome. A Motion for Reconsideration is not intended to give a litigant “a second bite at the apple.” Instead, it is meant to be utilized in instances where the Court has based its decision on plainly incorrect reasoning or when it failed to consider evidence.

It is important to note that a Motion for Reconsideration must be made within twenty (20) days after you receive the original Order. If you believe that an order was entered in error or that there were issues overlooked by a judge, seek a consultation from an experienced attorney in order to discuss your options. [Posted by Jenny Birz, Esq.]

Begin Your Conversation

  • Disclaimer: Contacting our firm via the internet does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information through this form.

Contact Our Morris County Office



Morristown / Morris County Law Office

65 Madison Ave

Suite 420

Morristown, NJ 07960

Morris County Mediation Office Map